Hello, dear followers!
Over the last couple of days I’ve gotten a lot of new followers, and I’ve also gotten lots of questions on writing. While I’m trying to get through them all, I figured I would create a little something of a MASTERPOST, so that those with questions that I have already answered in the past can get back to writing as soon as possible :D
NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL WRITING ADVICE (VOLUME 1)
- M. Kirin’s (Strange) Guide to Planning Your Novel
- Publishing Battle: Indie VS Traditional
- M. Kirin’s origin story (feat. how to finish your first novel)
- How to regain the motivation to finish your book
- I’m afraid writing is a waste of time
- I’m in the middle of the story and I’m stuck
- I feel that everything I write sucks
- I’m certain I’m the worst writer in the world
- I want to write a book but I have no idea where to start
- How much description/scenery is too much?
- How can I write faster?
- I want my readers to love my characters
- I think my book may be too short for my genre (feat. a talk about filler)
- Max’s strange tip for overcoming the first sentence
- How to overcome the first sentence: remix
- How do I write introverted/shy characters in social situations without having them be invisible?
- How do I write a character who is a different gender/race/age than me?
- My story doesn’t have an Antagonists, should I add one?
- Oops I killed one of my main characters by mistake, what do I do? (feat. a talk about death, dying, and roleplaying games)
- Max’s writing advice for fleshing out romantic relationships
- Max’s favorite music to listen to while writing
- Max’s secret for starting books, and finishing them
- How do I turn my book into an eBook?
Now, if you don’t mind me, I have quite a few answers to get through c; I will see you around, cuties! Oh, and remember, if you want more writerly content, make sure to follow me: maxkirin.tumblr.com!
|— Ernest Hemingway (via crazeist)|
in which its the 1950s and its summer and jake and roxy cool off inside even tho their ac is broke and theyre dumb dorks and everything is perfect
[ SHIP ] future!Kankri/Meulin (Signless/Disciple)
[ TW ] implied first time nsfw??? hardly tbh + future spoilers
[ MORE ] i wrote it for my gf bc i thought she needed a pick me up or something and i love her and ah emotions i love u violet sorry if its lame and doesnt really make sense i kind of wrote it while i was tired…… /)n(\
Imagine Person A marrying person C (of your NOTP) abruptly without much thought. Years later Person A is thoroughly unhappy and abused, but meets Person B and becomes happy with them. (Inspired by the song “Poor Little Baroness,” by Elvenking.)
Imagine your OTP waking up in the morning after a night of hot lovemaking. A has only their pants on and is trying to find their shirt around all the clutter of clothes taken off from the night before. When A proceeds to ask B if they’ve seen their shirt, B comes right in, wearing A’s shirt. Cue a flustered A who can’t stop thinking how cute B is in their clothes and lets them keep the shirt for the rest of the day.
Imagine Person A of your OTP finally has a day off after being so busy and really wants to do one of their favorite hobbies with someone. A doesn’t ask B because they know B doesn’t have much interest in it, so they try asking friends, only to get a no every single time. A gets extremely dejected to the point of tears, until B comes and decides to join them because they don’t want to see A crying or with a sad face.
Imagine Person A of your OTP hugging Person B from behind, with no intention of doing anything other than holding them in a warm, loving embrace.